Alyshia Ochse, actress on many notable movies and TV shows, author, speaker, and podcaster speaks with your host Travis Chappell about how to build good relationships in a competitive space such as Hollywood. Learn why you should never be the smartest person in the room and why to even put energy in something like a podcast. Lauren Davis, host of Friday’s BYNU live trainings on branding talks to your host Travis Chappell about maximizing your Instagram presence and other things that matter for your brand long-term.
Here’s what Travis and Alyshia discuss in this episode:
- Alyshia talks about what life looked like for her as a child in Ferguson, MO, and northern Kentucky.
- Alyshia and her sister excelled at sports but she moved to LA as fast as possible later.
- The story of finding her identity after losing her best friend and injuring herself during sports.
- You can be born with a spirit that knows how to self-soothe, but traumatic experiences teach you how to survive and thrive in the human experience.
- Why Alyshia felt different growing up and how it was painful.
- The premise on which Alyshia’s podcast is based on.
- The audition process shows you how actors are just humans who humble themselves.
- Her love of people has allowed her to become an outstanding interviewer.
- Alyshia talks about how relationship building and networking are a huge part of Hollywood.
- A genuine interest in people has generated business opportunities later.
- You need to connect with people
- Do you believe that who you know or what you know is more important?
- Who you know, because her success is relationship-based and who you know plays a factor in who you are.
The Random Round:
- What profession other than your own do you think it would be fun to attempt?
- Interior design or architecture
- If you could sit on a park bench with anyone for an hour who would it be, and why?
- She wants to download from her.
- How do you like to consume content?
- All of the above, mostly podcasts.
- What’s a podcast you’d recommend?
- All crime podcasts.
- Give us a glimpse of your morning routine?
- Wake up with her baby
- 3-minute breathing session
- Mirror work
- Walk to school
- Decompress, write
- What is something that you are not very good at?
- Cooking and anything technology-based.
- What is your go-to pump up song?
- Get Out of Your Mind
- What is one place where we can find you the most?
- On Instagram at @alyshiaochse
3 Key Points:
- Hard experiences can help you be brave and courageous in life.
- Surround yourself with people who impress you.
- When you’re in the moment and truly connecting with someone, something beautiful will come of it.
- “Childhood was just a blur to get me where I really wanted to be.” -Alyshia
- “Traumatic experiences teach you how to survive and thrive in the human experience.” -Alyshia
- “I made so many mistakes by not knowing, I wish there had been a mentorship program out there.” -Alyshia
- “It always pays off to be around people who excel at things more than you do.” -Alyshia
- Visit Travis’ website at Buildyournetwork.co
- Join the Build Your Network Facebook group BYN.media/fb
- Join the Build Your Network University Facebook group here byn.university.
- Get Travis’ free mastermind course at freemmcourse.com/enroll