On this episode of Build Your Network, Host Travis Chappell interviews Annette Raynor. Annette has a 20-year information technology background, she co-founded Wealth Engineering LLC. She persevered through several recessions to create her business, Wealth Generators.
Here’s what Travis and Annette discuss in this episode:
- Annette started her career in 1983 with Xerox Corporation in emerging technologies.
- As a female in the technology field in 1983, she was in a male dominated field.
- She worked with the Palo Alto research center of Xerox to help the scientists there bring the technologies they were creating to the salesforce.
- This experience was invaluable in applying technology.
- She supported fortune 50 companies in solving their largest technology problems.
- The adoption of technology in the financial sector was practically non-existent.
- Applying the power of technology to the financial sector to support the common individual is totally overlooked.
- Her career was filled with great success and great loss that led her to her passion.
- She created Wealth Generators to share her experience with other entrepreneurs.
- She’s a hard worker – first there and last to leave.
- Losing everything was shocking to her, because it was beyond her control.
- It’s hard to accept things when they’re beyond your control.
- Even through the hard times, she considers herself completely blessed.
- Without major struggles, wealth generators wouldn’t have been created.
- She adopted that attitude that “I’m not going to beat myself up over this, because the aggressive actions I took in the beginning made me wealthy.”
- She knows she’s the same person whether she has money or she doesn’t.
- She believes that the important things in life are not associated with the actual money. Money is a resource.
- Giving back – to your family, your community and being a participant in the stability of your family are the important things.
- Being financially stable enables that.
- There was one specific moment where Anette was in the closet feeling very “why me.”
- This morning, she asked “what is it that I’m supposed to see here?”
- Then slowly phone calls came in and contacts came back.
- Over a period of 18 months, slowly, Wealth Generators came to life.
- It took another 18 months to see what was happening.
- She got the opportunity to be thankful and be in awe of what happened and what had changed.
- What is Wealth Generators?
- A financial fitness company.
- We spend very little time studying your relationship to money.
- This relationship is the most overlooked and emotional relationship we have.
- Wealth Generators has a concept to “find, grow, and keep” no matter what financial situation you’re in.
- Wealth Generators is a program to help you assess and begin to take what little money is there and get it to work for you in a powerful way.
- They use apps and technology to help people quickly do things that would otherwise take a lot of time.
- Using a product called Deductor, people can find where their money is really going each month.
- You get a pie chart that gives a snapshot of where most of their money is going.
- You can adjust your budget from there.
- Many people have a lot of credit card debt.
- By going through some of their education, you can learn how to actually attack your debt.
- Now you can begin to decrease what you spend in interest and eliminate debt accounts.
- Find: Assess how you spend money, attack debt, and move forward.
- Grow: Learning how to invest.
- Learning to read the fine print and make wise decisions is important.
- They expose what the problems are with the financial sector.
- It’s important for people to understand what their own risk tolerance is.
- They have a variety of growth products so you can get started with a small amount of money or a large amount.
- They have something called portfolio builder, where a lot of funds are commission free.
- Semi-automated and automated products where a client can automate some trading for them.
- Many people are just doing what they think they’re supposed to do, but not getting the result that they were expecting.
- As of April 1st, Wealth Generators is now a publicly traded company.
- They had year over year revenue growth.
- They believe Wealth Generators is built on the power of their network.
- Now she has shares to exchange ownership to acquire things.
- Now they can bring on powerful technologies and products to pass along to the client.
- What’s more important, what you know or who you know?
- She believes it’s the combination of both that makes a difference.
- She used to not be a fan of network marketing, but they discovered that they get their best clients from current clients.
- She discovered that she’s not the biggest proponent of this distribution model.
- It brings a lot of power and networking and support.
- The people closest to you, at times, are putting negative ideas into your head.
- Your network is your greatest support system.
- Truth and honesty play a huge role in networking.
- What profession other than your own do you think it would be fun to attempt?
- A full social media business.
- If you could sit on a park bench with somebody, past or present, who would it be and why?
- Napoleon Hill.
- His writings are the most important to her in her lifetime.
- His books helped her come out of a dark place after the recession.
- How do you like to learn best, books, blogs or podcasts?
- She prefers to read, no matter how.
- She reads first before she goes to a video.
- What would be a book that you would recommend?
- Unshakeable by Tony Robbins
- It’s bold in telling the truth.
- Give us a glimpse of your morning routine:
- Wake up between 6 and 6:15
- Listens to the news.
- Gets to work.
- What’s your favorite pump up song?
- Pon de Replay by Rihanna
- Where can we find you?
- Annette Raynor on Facebook
- @TrulyAnnette on Twitter
- “Your relationship with money begins as early as you can remember and is with you until the last day you’re here.”
- “Your network is your greatest support system.”
Buildyournetwork.com– Podcast website
BYN.media/fb – Build Your Network Beta Facebook Group
Wealth Generators – Annette’s Business
Unshakeable – Book by Tony Robbins
Give and Take – Book by Adam Grant
Outwitting the Devil – Book by Napoleon Hill