On this episode of Build Your Network, Host Travis Chappell interviews Christina Nicholson, former TV Reporter, and Anchor from markets like NYC and Miami. She helps customers reach thousands and even millions of customers without spending a lot of money.
Here’s what Travis and Christina discuss in this episode:
- About Christina Nicholson
- She runs a lifestyle blog – Christina All Day
- She’s excited to relaunch a media mentoring program.
- She works with a lot of big businesses but will focus more on the solopreneur and small businesses.
- Walk us through your journey out of TV news.
- She was in TV news for about ten years.
- When she had her second child, she wanted something more flexible.
- She got into public relations, journalists were doing a lot more work for a lot less money.
- It’s normal for journalists to leave and work in PR.
- She worked at a PR agency for about 6 months before she started her own business.
- Talk about the timing of quitting your job when starting a business.
- A lot of people like the idea of growing a business, but they don’t want to spend time or money doing it.
- She was working the equivalent of two full-time jobs when she was doing her 9-5 and her business at the same time.
- It’s hard to find time, but you can always find where you’re wasting time.
- How long have you been running your business and how’s it going?
- She’s been in business for just over three years now.
- The first year or two was a lot of trial and error.
- She started investing in some online courses and met a friend in a FB group.
- Her friend invited her to an event with about 300 people.
- That day she invested in a business coach for three reasons:
- The person was successful.
- She had successful clients.
- She had a high retention rate.
- She has multiple six-figure businesses now and that wouldn’t be the case if she hadn’t invested in the business.
- Do you believe that what you know or who you know is more important, and why?
- You have to be good at what you do.
- What you know means nothing if you have no one to sell it to.
- It’s most important for you to be known, liked, and trusted.
- Is there a way you’d recommend for people to find mentors and coaches?
- Look at who you already know like and trust.
The Random Round:
- What profession other than your own do you think it would be fun to attempt?
- Spend all her time on her fun lifestyle blog.
- If you could sit on a park bench with anyone for an hour who would it be, and why?
- Oprah Winfrey
- How do you like to consume content?
- Everything but audio books.
- What’s a book you’d recommend?
- The Twelve Week Year – setting goals in twelve-week spans.
- Built to Sell – About building a profitable business.
- Give us a glimpse of your morning routine?
- Get the kids out to school or camp.
- Start the day at 9 am getting things into the Google calendar.
- What is something that you are not very good at?
- What is your go-to pump up song?
- Anything that’s 90’s teen bop.
- What is one place where we can find you the most?
- Twitter or Instagram @christinaallday
- Website mediamavenandmore.com/network
- You’re in charge of how much money you make when you’re a business owner.
- If you have a good work ethic and you’re willing to spend time and money on your business, you will be successful.
- You can only soak up so much free content and hope for the best for so long.
Buildyournetwork.co – Podcast website
BYN.media/fb – Facebook Group
mediamavenandmore.com/network – Christina’s site and free gift
Christinaallday.com – Christina’s lifestyle blog