On this episode of Build Your Network, Host Travis Chappell interviews Dr. Chris Zaino, a world-renowned speaker, author, entrepreneur, former Mr. America and IFBB pro bodybuilder.
Here’s what Travis and Chris discuss in this episode:
- About Chris Zaino
- Defied a deadly, terminal disease.
- Created the I Am Hero Project.
- He grew up in Long Island New York, he was the youngest.
- He moved to Florida for high school and competed at the University of Central Florida.
- He was hired to be the trainer for Xena Warrior Princess.
- He noticed he has going to the bathroom a lot and was bleeding.
- His dad and grandfather died of cancer and he hid his problem.
- He lost his bowels in public and that’s when his wife found out.
- He was diagnosed with terminal ulcerative colitis.
- His entire identity was that he was the health guy.
- In seven long months his body healed itself.
- He went back to school and got his doctorate.
- Talk about personal development.
- He had an epiphany that no one could tell his story better than him.
- It wasn’t the content that changed people’s lives, it was the context of who he is as a person.
- He built the largest clinic in the world.
- Do you believe that what you know or who you know is more important, and why?
- What I know is who I know.
- Relationship capital is the most important tool I’ve got.
- Favor capital gives a person more value than they could ever ask.
- The who is more weighty than the what.
- Tell us about a time when a relationship led to a moment of success?
- He paid to meet someone and was introduced to the power of networking.
- Why do people neglect to network?
- It’s a scarcity mentality.
- How do you handle the fear of rejection?
- The no isn’t a no, it’s contrast and clarity.
The Random Round:
- What profession other than your own do you think it would be fun to attempt?
- Race Car Driver
- If you could sit on a park bench with anyone for an hour who would it be, and why?
- His younger self
- How do you like to consume content?
- Give us a glimpse of your morning routine?
- Wake up at 4:30
- Do some detox protocols
- Between 25 min and 1 hour of meditation
- Do cardio and listen to podcasts
- Writes goals down
- What is your go-to pump up song?
- Simple Minds Don’t You Forget About Me
- What is something that you are not very good at?
- What is one place where we can find you the most?
- Facebook or Instagram under Dr. Zaino
- No one can tell my story better than me.
- What you know is who you know.
- If you’re genuine, then you’re not keeping score.
Buildyournetwork.co – Podcast website
BYN.media/fb – Facebook Group
Iamhero.com – Get access to Chris’s master classes