John Lee Dumas from EO Fire, Jeff Hoffman from Priceline.com and Ubid.com, and Pat Flynn from Smart Passive Income talk to your host Travis Chappell. They provide their top networking tips to help scale your relationships and rub shoulders with your role models.
Here’s what Travis, John, Jeff, and Pat discuss in this episode:
- Networking Tips from John Lee Dumas
- John talks about a time when a connection led to a moment of success.
- He would be around a year behind without networking.
- People need stories of how and why building your network is so important.
- The most interesting and influential person John’s met through networking is Sally Hogshead.
- Paid mentorships and masterminds make you value your investment.
- Networking Tips from Jeff Hoffman
- Jeff gives his #1 tip to get better at networking.
- Sometimes success if your worst enemy and you don’t realize how much you need networking to scale.
- Jeff shares the most effective ways to find people who are a few steps ahead of you.
- Choose your paid mentorships and masterminds wisely to get the most value.
- Networking Tips from Pat Flynn
- When you know more people you get access to more information but their experiences.
- Pat shares a story about how a connection in college led to success during and after college.
- Everything goes back to cultivating connections and placing a high value on them.
- Mentorships and masterminds are so important that you need to do them frequently and consistently.
3 Key Points:
- The connections you invest in now will enable you to be a step ahead later.
- You have to schedule time for networking and stick to it.
- The people you know will ultimately determine your level of success.
- “People fail to network because they don’t have guidance.” -John
- “You have to find people who are currently where you want to be in life.” -John
- “Schedule time where your only goal is to go to an event you wouldn’t normally go to and meet people who have skills that you don’t.” -Jeff
- “You have to push past the feelings of discomfort in order to reap the big reward.” -Travis
- “I wouldn’t be where I’m at today without the people I know.” -Pat
- “Every person you meet is a new opportunity that could change your life in some way.” -Pat