On this episode of Build Your Network, Host Travis Chappell interviews Siloh Moses, a social entrepreneur, keynote speaker, change maker who has been recognized by congress and senate.
Here’s what Travis and Siloh discuss in this episode:
- About Siloh Moses
- When he was 6 he was a complete fan of music but didn’t have a singing voice or dancing ability.
- He decided at an early age to become a DJ.
- He was so good at what he did, he was DJing at clubs in NYC when he was 19.
- He stopped DJing after an ultimatum from his girlfriend when he was 28.
- He hated living a “normal” life and it took a toll on his relationship.
- His call center job just didn’t make enough and they had to downgrade on house, cars, etc.
- He was evicted from his apartment after losing his job and having no money.
- How did you get into the position you’re in now?
- He went homeless for seven months squatting in buildings.
- He met someone who believed in him and was a helping hand.
- He never did anything for him, he just motivated him to do it himself.
- Just being around this guy for 2-3 weeks he started to look at things differently in the world.
- He began to formulate and follow a plan.
- Within a month and a half of talking to this guy every day, he found a job and wasn’t homeless anymore.
- He started going and out serving and giving back in the community.
- He’s had business owners who have been around for 8-10 years coming to him for advice.
- They’ve had success because he thinks of his non-profit as a business, he’s never seen it as a non-profit.
- Do you believe that what you know or who you know is more important, and why?
- Who you know is more important, because who you know can you provide the knowledge you’re looking for.
- If you don’t increase your level to match those who are ahead of you, they won’t want to carry dead weight.
The Random Round:
- What profession other than your own do you think it would be fun to attempt?
- Solar energy
- If you could sit on a park bench with anyone for an hour who would it be, and why?
- Mother Teresa
- How do you like to consume content?
- What’s an book you’d recommend?
- The Mind That Changes Itself
- Give us a glimpse of your morning routine?
- Wake up at 5:30am
- Does his hour of power
- Breakfast, shower, start the day.
- What is something that you are not very good at?
- Working with his hands
- What is your go-to pump up song?
- Fine China by Chris Brown
- What is one place where we can find you the most?
- My mentor never did anything for me, he just motivated me to do it myself.
- When you boil business down, you’re really just talking about profit and purpose.
- You have to up your game to match those around you.
Buildyournetwork.co – Podcast website
BYN.media/fb – Facebook Group