On this episode of Build Your Network, Host Travis Chappell interviews Steven Eugene Kuhn, a decorated combat veteran who is now transforming struggling businesses into successful endeavors around the United States and Europe.
Here’s what Travis and Steven discuss in this episode:
- About Steven Eugene Kuhn
○ Steven and his two partners came up with The $1 Million Challenge in the Next 90 Days: helping 15 businesses that generate at least $50,000 in revenue per month get up to $1 million in three months.
○ Successful business consultant.
○ He was a bodyguard for Mick Jagger, helped Olivia Newton-John to find business opportunities, and Parliament members.
○ Joined the Army in 1986, fought in the Iraq War, and was once homeless.
○ Steven has been in Budapest for the last nine years and married with two children.
- Talk about your experience at the monastery.
○ Steve stayed at a monastery for six months.
○ Went three weeks without speaking.
○ The picture one has of their self is typically not true.
○ Went into a wooden hut in the mountains, didn’t have a cellphone, laptop, or outside communication.
- Steven on Leadership
○ The Six Human Needs: certainly, variety, significance, love & connection, growth, and contribution.
○ Credo moments were shared with Steve’s team to develop an internal spiritual bond amongst them all.
○ Applied knowledge is more important than just knowing that only lives in your head.
○ If Steven can’t help an associate, he tries to find someone who can help them.
- What is more important: who you know or what you know?
○ Even the “what” comes from the “who.”
○ Steven went to the Baby Bathwater Institution event with high-end successful entrepreneurs that people have to be interviewed for.
- Steven sees opportunities where others don’t.
○ Steven became Mick Jagger’s bodyguard in the past by hearing that he was coming to Berlin, where he was living and introduced himself.
○ Seeing opportunity is one step, the next is ceasing opportunity.
○ In the absence of clarity, take action.
○ When you train your natural initiation, it becomes a value catalyst.
○ Live in the moment.
The Random Round:
- What profession other than your own do you think it would be fun to attempt?
○ Formula One race car driving.
- If you could sit on a park bench with someone, past or present, who would it be and why?
○ Abraham Lincoln.
- How do you like to consume content? Books? Audio Books? Blogs? Podcasts? Videos?
○ All of the above.
- What is one of those things that you would recommend to the audience?
○ The books The Richest Man in Babylon” and “Marcus Aurelius Meditations.”
- Give us a glimpse of your morning routine?
○ Waking up early, meditation, journaling, reading, time with his wife and children, and then going to work out.
- What is your go-to pump up song?
○ Songs by U2 and Gordon Lightfoot.
- What is something that you are just not very good at?
○ IT, online things, and click funnels.
- What is one place online where we will find you the most?
○ Facebook at his professional page: StevenKuhnOfficial.
- “We came up with a challenge. It’s the One Million Dollar Challenge in the Next 90 Days. We want to help 15 business owners generate $1 million additional revenue in the next 90 days.” – Steven Eugene Kuhn.
- “Words are so valuable, and that what we say is so valuable and so permanent that I chose to say only that what is important, or that which matters.” – Steven Eugene Kuhn.
- “Providership is the new leadership.” – Steven Eugene Kuhn.
BuildYourNetwork.co – Website for Build Your Network
Build Your Network – Facebook Group for Build Your Network
Twitter – Steven Eugene Kuhn’s Twitter
StevenEugeneKuhn.com – Website for Steven Eugene Kuhn
Steven Kuhn Official – Facebook for Steven Eugene Kuhn