Tim Storey is an acclaimed author, speaker and life coach who helps people create the future they desire. He uses seasoned principles and humor to help people move forward. Tim talks to your host Travis Chappell about how to add value to others, what it’s like to work with stars and influencers, and how to turn your setbacks into comebacks.
Here’s what Travis and Tim discuss in this episode:
- Tim’s childhood was hard, but there was a lot of humor in the house.
- Even in his childhood setting of poverty, he always knew he was going to be something.
- The people who helped shape Tim into who he was supposed to be.
- The two ways to build confidence in a person.
- How to reshape your environment for success.
- Sit down and get clarity on your life and goals at least once a week.
- You have seven basic areas in your life: physical body, mental, spiritual, family, career, finances, recreation & hobbies.
- Plan your vacations each year before the start of the year.
- Three steps to have a comeback.
- Do you believe that who you know or what you know that’s most important, and why?
- It’s what you know that takes you to who you know.
- It’s a Biblical principle.
- Some practical tips to become a better speaker.
- Do hours of research on your topics.
- Don’t study speakers, too many of them sound the same.
- Whether you’re speaking to seven people or 85,000 you have the opportunity to change lives and it’s important.
- Tim’s app is called Utmost with Tim Storey:
- Takes you through the 7 areas of your life on a daily basis.
- Meditations are included.
- Only costs $1.99 one time fee for $15,000 worth of material.
- Tim’s one big tip for networking – Build another person’s vision – Be a servant.
- When you’re a servant and you build someone else’s vision it will change your life.
The Random Round:
- What profession other than your own do you think it would be fun to attempt?
- Fashion and Design
- If you could sit on a park bench with anyone for an hour who would it be, and why?
- Martin Luther King
- Understand the struggle and how he feels about it now.
- How do you like to consume content?
- TED Talks and Youtube videos of interviews
- Give us a glimpse of your morning routine?
- Wake up around 4:30-4:45
- Go to gym 6 out of 7 days
- What is something that you are not very good at?
- Snow Skiing
- What is your go-to pump up song?
- Funkadelic, Flashlight, Brick House, etc.
- What is one place where we can find you the most?
3 Key Points:
- Your environment and confidence have a lot to do with your success.
- In the end, you’re the person who shapes your environment.
- When you have a setback, most of the time you’ll have a step back.
- “We were lower income, but we were never lower class.” -Tim
- “In life some things we decide and some things we discover.” -Tim
- “Our environment shapes us into who we’re supposed to be.” -Travis
- “If you start to sit, you start to settle. A comeback is not a go back.” -Tim
- “What I made happen for someone else, life made happen for me.” -Tim
- Visit Travis’ website at Buildyournetwork.co
- Join the Build Your Network Facebook group BYN.media/fb
- Join the Build Your Network University Facebook group here byn.university.
- Get Travis’ free mastermind course at freemmcourse.com/enroll
- Check out Tim’s book Comeback and Beyond on Amazon.
- Find Tim online at timstorey.com.