Host Travis Chappell gleans networking tips from three guests: Jay Papasan, co-author of The One Thing, The Millionaire Real Estate Agent, and The Millionaire Real Estate Investor, and VP of Keller Williams Realty; Cole Hatter, prolific real estate investor and founder of the Thrive Make Money Matter Event; and Day Fleyshman, the youngest founder of a publicly traded company in history.
Here’s what Travis, Jay, Cole, and Dan discuss in this episode:
- Tips from Jay Papasan
- Be purposeful, be systematic.
- Every Friday, Jay would meet someone new for coffee, no agenda.
- Figure out something that’s somewhat unique and that becomes a door opener.
- I want a short path to people who are doing things that are remarkable.
- If you can’t afford mentors start with books, YouTube, and podcasts.
- Tips from Cole Hatter
- It’s what you know with who you know that matters.
- When you make more money, your network changes.
- The team around you has the ability to make you look better or worse than you would on your own.
- Tips from Dan Fleyshman
- He rarely asks people for anything, he provides them with things like access, cool, and information.
- When he does ask for something, he’s very direct about it.
3 Key Points:
- Your network is the short path to people who are doing remarkable things and they will lift you up to their level.
- When you mix what you know with who you know, that’s when you start making real money.
- You have to offer your potential network things that they can’t buy, and rarely ask them for things.
– “Be purposeful, be systematic.” – Jay
– “It’s what you know WITH who you know that matters.” – Cole
– “I rarely, rarely, rarely ask anyone for anything, I provide them things they can’t buy.” -Dan