Angie Lee of the Angie Lee Show, Mark Lack from Shorten the Gap and Business Rockstars, and Pat Flynn from Smart Passive Income provide their top networking tips to show you how to stand out to increase your inner circle, grow your business and relationships, and learn how to rub shoulders with your role models.
Here’s what Travis, Angie, Mark, and Pat discuss in this episode:
- Networking Tips from Angie Lee
- Being human and being a good person is most important to leverage connections.
- Networking Tips from Mark Lack
- It’s not what you know, or who you know, it’s who knows you.
- You can’t possibly know millions of people, but millions of people can know you.
- We live in an era of personal branding.
- Networking Tips from Pat Flynn
- When people consume his content and got a lot out of it, that’s a great way to connect with people.
- Be patient and wait for your time, you are not more important than the person someone is speaking to.
- Always try to get an introduction from someone you know rather than a cold meeting.
- You need to be a giving person and see what happens from there.
- Pat talks about how he met John Lee Dumas.
3 Key Points:
- Every big moment of success comes from a connection.
- Your financial success is in direct proportion to how many people know you, like you, and trust you.
- You have to introduce yourself at the right time.
- “The bigger you get, the more haters you’re going to have, but that also goes for how many people will like you.” – Mark
- “You can’t possibly know millions of people, but millions of people can know you.” – Mark
- “Show me what value you can provide me so I want to provide value for you later.”