Derek Halpern from Social Triggers, Omar Zenhom from The Hundred Dollar MBA Show, and Chris Ducker, author of Rise of the YouPreneur share unconventional ways to network with people, give you the rundown on how to build your inner circle and teach you how to be the best entrepreneur you can be.
Here’s what Travis, Derek, Omar, and Chris discuss in this episode:
- Networking Tips from Derek Halpern
- Derek talks about how consuming books gives him something to talk to people about.
- There are two things wrong with asking people questions-
- It’s like you’re interrogating them.
- You don’t give them anything to remember you by.
- Networking tips from Omar Zenhom
- Omar and Travis talk about how friendship and networking go hand in hand.
- People think short-term instead of long-term in networking, you have to have an ROI mindset.
- Omar shares his story of when a connection led to a moment of success.
- If you don’t make an effort to grow your network and make friends with people and grow your network, you won’t get opportunities.
- People don’t prioritize relationships because it’s not comfortable for them.
- Omar gives his #1 tip for networking.
- If you don’t feel comfortable talking about yourself, be the person who connects people.
- Networking tips from Chris Ducker
- People neglect to network because they don’t understand the importance of it.
- Chris talks about his thoughts on the word “networking.”
- Keep in mind that people hate being sold to, but they love to buy.
- Build relationships for the right reasons and then treasure them.
3 Key Points:
- Having stories and information to share makes you memorable.
- You have to have an ROI, long-term mindset.
- When you see the power of networking, you realize how it can benefit you.
- “Every human on earth needs a personal story bank.” – Derek
- “People are more likely to want to help their friends out versus a stranger.” – Omar
- “You should be treasuring relationships, not using them” – Chris
- Visit Travis’ website at Buildyournetwork.co
- Join the Build Your Network Facebook group BYN.media/fb