On this episode of Build Your Network, Freestyle Friday host Travis Chappell talks about how to handle rejection.
Here’s what Travis discuss in this episode:
- Travis’ history in door to door sales coupled with starting the Build Your Network Podcast have given him a lot of first-hand knowledge on the subject.
- One’s ability to handle rejection is directly correlated to their level of success in business and life.
- Everyone has to handle rejection, and no one loves it.
- Even the most successful people get rejected.
- Three ways to grow your ability to handle rejection.
- #1 – Conviction
- This gets you comfortable enough to go for the ask.
- You need to be convinced of your product, service, or company.
- There’s a difference between a belief and a passion.
- You need to be convinced of your what and your why.
- Your why will help you see the deeper purpose of what you’re doing.
- Your what could be something super simple – i.e. how much money you’ll make on the deal, etc.
- You have to be convinced of the worst-case scenario principle.
- The only way to lose in a situation is to not ask.
- If you don’t ask, the only outcome is rejection.
- #2 – Consistency
- You have to ask a lot – the most difficult part of the process.
- This is where you’ll go through the most rejection.
- You have to make up in numbers what you lack in skill.
- #3 – Confidence
- You have to ask the right way, the most important part of the process.
- The more confidence you have, the better you are at asking.
- You have to make sure your confidence account is full at all times.
- How to deposit in your confidence account:
- Get better – never stop educating yourself.
- Get more yes’s.
- Keep the promises you make to yourself.
- You are not who you are, you are who you believe yourself to be.
- Don’t subtract your belief in you.
- This is the fastest and most efficient way to get better.
- #1 – Conviction
Buildyournetwork.co – Podcast website
BYN.media/fb – Facebook Group
Start with Why – book by Simon Sinek