On this episode of Build Your Network, Freestyle Friday host Travis Chappell talks about what to look for in a job.
Here’s what Travis discuss in this episode:
- Travis gives a recap of his job history.
- He’s never really had a conventional job.
- He’s mostly worked in sales and on commission.
- Things that would need to happen for Travis to go work for someone again.
- A person. Don’t look for job descriptions, find someone you can work for, learn from, or emulate.
- Find an industry that you want to learn about or sharpen a skill that’s necessary for future success.
- Write down the range of your earning potential.
- Figure out what comes after that and if there’s room for improvement.
- What do you want your net worth to be five years from now?
- Don’t be rash about quitting your job, just realize your job is another way to propel you and learn.
- It’s not what you know, it’s who you know.
- In the long term your skillsets, connections, and specialized knowledge will be the things that determine your future success.
- I don’t think anyone could ever pay me enough money to work for them.
- Money is important, but I leave money last.
- You’re not going to work for a company or a job, you’re going to work for a person.